Monday, April 16, 2012

Days 7-12

Today is the first day that the kids are 'officially' home full time as their last day at daycare was on Friday. So far so good. The kids are dressed and so am I. They are on the couch next to me watching Octonauts and eating waffle cookies. These are whole grain waffles with nothing on them. They seem to think they are pretty fantastic and I enjoy only having to worry about sweeping up the crumbs.  :)  I plan to do meals at the table but thought today we could do a treat since it's our first day home.

Recap of Days 7-11

We went to the Clinic on Wednesday and it was pretty much as miserable for Harper as you'd expect. Poor baby, blood draws are THE DEVIL. We were just getting her lead tested but man, getting the pokes done in those tiny little arms just stinks.

Thursday was a nice lazy day. I puttered around the house and didn't set any specific goals but got some stuff done so that was nice.

Friday was errand day. I took Brad to work so that I could get some major grocery shopping done. I was able to hit some good sales and stocked up quite a bit on things we needed. The hardest part was figuring out where to put it all!

Saturday we went to Como Zoo and the kids had a BLAST. We were disciplined and packed snacks and stuff for lunch so we were able to not spend any money except on gas. I'll post more about that on my other blog if I have time today. B took a ton of pics of the littles.

Yesterday H and J and I went to get K from her dad's house and also visited some friends. J fussed for most of the 1 1/2 hour car ride home because he didn't want to leave and about the time he stopped then H started fussing because she was sick of her car seat. This made me very nervous and I had many "Have I lost my mind thinking I can manage these kids alone all day??!?!?" thoughts.

So far today isn't too bad. We shall see.

Jo

Goals for Today:

Survive  :)

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful first full day with your kiddos!!! You will most definitely survive!
    -Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I'm sure the kids will be fine. They were just overly tired and overly stimulated from all the fun this weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are going to be good moments and trying moments - just take it moment by moment (day by day can be too much) and remember you are a good mom who deserves to be taken care of, too!

    ReplyDelete